Trying out a Recumbent Bike

Getting in Shape

I just purchased a recumbent exercise bike. It's similar to a regular exercise bike except it sits lower and the pedals are in front of you rather then below you. I subscribed to BitGym which is a program that tracks your workout and lets you ride through different countries. It starts with a few countries to choose from and as you finish various legs of the workouts new locations are unlocked to you.

I just finished riding through the Swiss Alps and now I and riding through the forests in Germany. The program encourages you to push yourself to go farther because you want to make it to the next check point. Plus, watching the scenery go by distracts you which also helps you to keep going. There are other programs that are similar such as iFit but BitGym only cost $7.99 a month while iFit is $14.99.

You can use the program with treadmills, elliptical's, recumbent's and exercise bikes. I have really enjoyed using the program and it  has been encouraging in my journey to get back in shape.

www.bitgym.com/




Comments