Growing Old Gracefully


I once heard a family friend say that she was going to embrace her growing older, let nature take its
course and accept whatever comes with open arms.  I say forget that!  I decided a long time ago that I was going to fight aging every step of the way.  I say it‘s ok to dye your hair to cover that gray.  Put on a little more makeup to hide those age spots on your face and what is wrong with plucking a few chin hairs, believe me we would all appreciate that.  That way when we are talking to you we won’t be starting at them instead of paying attention to what you are saying.  You know it’s true, your eyes are going to keep going back to those hairs.

So I hold true to my vow to fight aging every step of the way and promise to always…

*Cover my grays

*Pluck my chin hairs

*Hide my age spots

*Never get the “old lady hair cut”

*Never wear old lady clothing

* Never be afraid to use spanx when needed.

*Never think I am too old to try something new

* Never think I am too old for night of hot, dirty sex
* And I will never, ever be too lazy to put a bra on and stuff my boobs in the waist band of my paints instead.  Don’t laugh, my mother-in-law use to do it (super saggy boobs and high waisted pants, yikes!)

Comments

  1. I do hate chin hairs ... and I agree with you in every single thing here!
    :)

    xo

    tin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy - I'm 54 - and let me tell you it's not easy to remember to do everything you have to do lol - sometimes there's a stray chin hair I've missed LOL..............
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here - if you'd like to see what menopause is like
    http://suzyq-vintagous.blogspot.ca/2012/11/its-be-kind-to-menopausal-women-day.html
    There's tons of good things to look forward too lol
    Loved your post by the way
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny post Suzan, I see you totally get me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen sister...
    I turned 51 this summer and am learning to ride a motorcycle.
    No chin hair, but I do color and highlite my hair. I married a man 13 years younger than me 3 years ago.

    Age is a state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any site with 'fabulous' in it has to be wonderful!
    I remember being 50!!!!!!!
    Your site is very fun!
    Mimi XOXO
    http://inmyprimetime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post... nothing like getting in your car and you look in the mirror and see that you missed a chin hair.... lol thanks for the laugh bondedwithlove.blogspot.com come on over and visit....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment