Its a Pride and Prejudice Night


Well, it looks like it’s going to be a “Pride and Prejudice” (the movie) night because it seems that when I tell my husband that I am in desperate need of some romance he seems to think that means I want to have sex because to him sex equals romance.  Boy, men are stupid sometimes.  I have tried to explain to him a thousand times that sex and romance are two completely different things.  Now, one may lead to the other or you can have one without the other but they are two individual and separate things.  So when I say I want some romance in my life that doesn’t mean I want him say “ok let’s going in the bedroom and hump.”  ????  Because that’s romantic!   It means I want him to put a little effort into getting my attention,  into making me feel special.  To plan out a date for us, to bring me flowers or surprise me with something for no reason.  To give me that ‘you look hot’ look from across the room and flirt with me rather than the girl at Home Depot.  Leave me a love note or surprise me with a weekend getaway.  Anything that makes me feel sexy, special and like I am still “the one.”  And if that leads to some hot and heavy, down and dirty sex than sweet, it’s just icing on the cake but when I when I say I desperately need some romance and you say lets hump, seriously read a book or something because I am dying here!

Thus, I am off to watch one of my favorite romantic movies Pride and Prejudice since it looks like I will have to create my own romance and so I can live vicariously through the actors and pretend its Mr. Darcy in my bed waiting to “hump” me. 

Comments